Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Because I am a Girl

This week I'm guest blogging on Plan Ireland's Because I am a Girl blog.

Plan is a great development NGO working around the world providing education, healthcare, and most importantly capacity building for families and communities, with a particular focus on women. Educate a girl and you educate a whole village.

I had the privilege of meeting Plan's spokesperson Benedicta Attoh at a meeting of Network Cork earlier this year where she spoke about her experience of growing up in Africa, where she experienced much of the deprivation and discrimination that Plan is fighting against.

The blog is part of a larger campaign being run by Fuzion Communications to increase Plan's visibility in Ireland. It's a wonderful idea and I'm delighted to have been asked to participate.

You can read it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't post anything libellous, because I'll just have to delete it.